Each year, the Paris-Saclay ecosystem honors 50 of its brightest ideas of tomorrow, through the Paris-Saclay SPRING event.
- Are you looking for financing and/or strategic partnerships?
- You want to boost your startup, find new development prospects?
- Is your startup a good example of the scientific and technological excellence of the Paris-Saclay cluster? Does it have a promising project that contributes to addressing the challenges of tomorrow?
Join the SPRING 50 Class of 2023
What is SPRING 50?
The SPRING 50 is an annual award ceremony for the 50 most innovative and promising startups in the Paris-Saclay cluster.
The aim of the organizers is to enhance and support the quality of these startups to the media, investors, industrialists and, more broadly, innovation actors by offering them additional visibility in France and abroad.
Paris-Saclay SPRING is about achieving concrete and operational results with 5,000 business meetings organized in 2022 and more than 140 million Euros raised by the startups of the SPRING 50’s 2021 and 2022 promotions.
An emblematic sponsor of Paris-Saclay
Each promotion is sponsored by an emblematic entrepreneur of the territory. This year, Jean-Luc Maria gives us the privilege of being the sponsor of this class of 2023 of the SPRING 50.
Jean-Luc Maria, cofounder of Exotrail and former CTO, became Chairman and CEO of Exotrail in October 2021. Jean-Luc holds an aerospace engineer degree from ISAE-SupAero. He worked as a system engineer and project manager for 16 years at CNRS (French National Research Centre), notably on solar system exploration missions (Venus Express, ExoMars, BepiColombo …) as well as manager of an Assembly, Integration & Tests platform. Jean-Luc now leads Exotrail’s vision and global execution, to position the company as a global leader of in-space logistics.
Awardees of the SPRING 50
As a result of this call for applications, the 50 start-ups selected will benefit from
- access for two people to all the Paris-Saclay SPRING events on June 1, 2023, including business meetings.
- a 4 sqm exhibition stand in one of the thematic villages at HEC (value of 4 000 €uros)
- an exclusive experience-sharing workshop with the 2023 Sponsor and the French Tech Paris-Saclay
- a pitch coaching session in English
- media coverage and press relations for the announcement of the winners
Among the SPRING 50 winners, 25 startups will be selected to pitch in English on June 1, 2023, on the Paris Saclay SPRING stage.
The start-up pitch sessions will be held by theme. After each session, the start-ups will be challenged by a jury composed of European industrialists and investors. The jury will select a winner in each category.
Startups in the Health-Biotech category will also benefit from support from senior directors of the IPSEN R&D center on Friday June 2. IPSEN will also award a cash prize to the winning start-up of the healthcare pitch contest.
Paris-Saclay SPRING, the startups of the 2022 cohort share their experiences:
“we met a company with whom we are now working”
“a business angel invested 100k€ in our start-up after meeting us during the event”
“we got very good connections with an industrial company which led to application tests of our membrane”
“On the investor side, I had the opportunity to meet some investors with whom I am in contact for our second round of financing”
“The event allowed us to confirm the interest of an investor and to get in touch with an industrial company whose activity could be useful for our scaling up”
“We met a startup and signed a first contract with it”
“The participation to the event allowed us to find a very relevant perspective in the frame of different press releases aiming at getting publications”.
Deadline for applications: thurdsay, march 23 2023
Who can apply to SPRING 50?
The application is reserved for start-ups coming from or linked to the Paris-Saclay ecosystem:
- Located in the geographical area of Paris-Saclay
- Supported by Paris-Saclay innovation centers
- Working closely with one or several actors of the Paris-Saclay territory
- Student-entrepreneurs and/or doctoral students of a higher education institution or a research organization of the territory
- In the process of establishing in the area (holder of a lease or a property title)
Special consideration will be given to start-ups that have a project in the following areas correlated to the major themes of the 2023 edition of Paris-Saclay SPRING:
- FoodTech (agtech, food products, nutrition, B2C, B2B services…)
- GreenTech (energy, environment, intelligent building, urban ecology…)
- Mobility (technologies, services, products related to the mobility of goods or people…)
- NewSpace (space-related technologies and services, satellites, data, launchers, aeronautical and space devices, etc.)
- Health (biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemistry, e-health, medtech, well-being, silver economy, etc.)
- Digital technologies (software, AI, quantum, cybersecurity, blockchain, 5G, AR/VR, etc.)
Key dates to remember:
- Deadline of the call for application: Thursday March 23
- Selection committee deliberation: Thursday April 23
- Mandatory English pitch coaching by video: mid-May
- Sponsor workshop (mid-May in the evening)
- Pitch : Thursday June 1
How to apply?
The SPRING 50 call for applications is administered through the Paris-Saclay Startup portal, which brings together the Paris-Saclay startup community and its innovation and hosting facilities.
1) Create your account on https://paris-saclay-startup.com/ (Register/Login button)
If you already have an account, go directly to step 2
2) Once your account is validated, create or update your startup file
3) In the Challenges menu, choose the SPRING 50 challenge in the category corresponding to your field and complete your application
If you have any questions, please consult the terms and conditions of the SPRING 50 challenge or contact our team.
The registration of your company on Paris-Saclay Startup, allows you to benefit from an access to the French Tech Paris-Saclay and to the services of the Innovation Centers of Paris-Saclay.
You will also be mentioned in the Paris-Saclay Innovation Playground newsletter, in the “Our newbies” section, and if necessary, you will be invited to participate in the Paris-Saclay Innovation Directors’ Meeting and in the Learning Expeditions for corporate groups and investors.
Contact SPRING 50
The SPRING 50 call for applications is organized and managed by French Tech Paris-Saclay, the Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Essonne and Versailles-Yvelines, and the EPA Paris-Saclay.
- Nadia Benallal – French Tech Paris-Saclay, Tél. 06 17 97 74 42
- Christophe Pinon – CCI 91, Tél. 06 17 11 29 67
- Marion Revol – CCI 78, Tél. 07 62 96 56 12
- Frédéric Devaivre – EPA Paris-Saclay, Tél. 06 98 69 98 15
Contact email : [email protected]
SPRING 50 Class of 2021