Each year, the Paris-Saclay ecosystem honors 50 of its start-ups, gems of the future, through the Paris-Saclay SPRING event.
- Are you looking for funding and/or strategic partnerships?
- Do you want to promote your start-up and find new growth opportunities?
- Is your start-up representative of the scientific and technological excellence of the Paris-Saclay cluster, and is it supporting a project whose innovation contributes to meeting the challenges of tomorrow?
Join the SPRING 50 Class of 2022
What is SPRING 50?
SPRING 50 is a selection that annually distinguishes the 50 start-ups from the Paris-Saclay cluster that are the most innovative and promising of the day.
The intention of the organizers is to better promote and support the quality of these start-ups vis-à-vis the media, investors, industrialists and, more broadly, innovation players, by raising their profile both in France and internationally.
An emblematic sponsor of Paris-Saclay
Each Class is sponsored by an entrepreneur who is emblematic of the territory. This year, David Khuat-Duy pays us the honor of being the sponsor of this SPRING 50 Class of 2022.
David Khuat-Duy is the founder of Ivalua, one of the world leaders in the market for purchasing management solutions. Its head office is located in Massy but its outreach is international. Originally from Gif-sur-Yvette, David is a graduate of Ecole Polytechnique and the University of Paris-Saclay (Faculty of Sciences at Orsay). After obtaining his PhD, he worked for 4 years at PwC before launching Ivalua in 2000, which is now listed on the NEXT40 2020 and 2021.
View his profile here: https://www.sciences.universite-paris-saclay.fr/node/580621
The SPRING 50 winners
At the end of this call for applications, the 50 start-ups selected will benefit from:
- free access to all Paris-Saclay SPRING events on May 12 and 13, including business meetings;
- a 4-sq.-m. exhibition stand in one of the themed villages at Ecole Polytechnique;
- an exclusive experience-sharing workshop with the 2022 Sponsor and French Tech Paris-Saclay;
- a pitch coaching session in English;
- media coverage and press relations when the winners are unveiled.
Among the SPRING 50 winners, 25 start-ups will be selected to pitch in English on May 12, 2022 and present their business on the TV-Live set of Paris Saclay SPRING.
Start-up pitch sessions take place by theme. After each session, the start-ups will be challenged by a jury made up of European industrialists and investors, who will choose a winner in each category.
For this selection, two prizes will be awarded, one by the jury made up of industrialist and investor partners of the event, and the other by the public via an online vote.
*The setup of the physical stand will depend on the health measures in force on the date of the event.m
Association with Bpifrance and TechTour
In parallel with Paris-Saclay SPRING, the Tech Tour France Transfer Invest 2022 will take place in Saclay and we will welcome on this occasion 40 European investors who will attend the event.
Who can apply for SPRING 50?
Application is reserved for start-ups from or linked to the Paris-Saclay ecosystem:
- Located in the Paris-Saclay geographical area;
- Accompanied by the Paris Saclay innovation locations;
- Working closely with one or more stakeholders in the Paris-Saclay area;
- Student-entrepreneurs and/or doctoral students from a higher education institution or a research organization in the territory;
- In the process of getting established on the territory (holder of a lease or a title deed).
Particular attention will be paid to start-ups that have a project in the following areas correlated to the main themes of the 2022 edition of Paris-Saclay SPRING:
- FoodTech (agtech, food products, nutrition, B2B, B2C services);
- GreenTech (energy, environment, smart building, urban ecology);
- Mobilities (technologies, services, products related to the mobility of goods or people);
- Health-Biotech (biotechnology, pharmacy, chemistry, e-health, medtech, well-being, silver economy);
- Digital technologies (software, AI, quantum, cybersecurity, blockchain, 5G, AR-VR, etc.).
- Closing of the call for applications: Thursday, March 10
- Deliberation of the selection committee: Wednesday, March 30
- Mandatory video pitch coaching in English: April 21-26
- Sponsor workshop (early May in the evening)
- Pitch: Thursday, May 12
The SPRING 50 call for applications is managed via the Paris-Saclay Startup portal, which brings together the community of Paris-Saclay start-ups and its locations of innovation and accommodation.
1) Create your account on https://paris-saclay-startup.com/ (Register / Sign in button)
If you already have an account, go directly to step 2
2) Once your account has been validated, create or update your start-up file
3) In the Challenges menu, choose the SPRING 50 challenge in the category corresponding to your field and complete your application
For any questions, we invite you to consult the rules of the SPRING 50 call for applications or contact our team.
Listing your company on Paris-Saclay Startup gives you access to:
- French Tech Paris-Saclay;
- the services of the Paris-Saclay innovation locations.
You will also be:
- mentioned in the Paris-Saclay Innovation Playground newsletter, under the “Our newbies” section;
- asked, where appropriate, to participate in the Paris-Saclay Innovation Directors Meeting, in the Learning Expeditions of major groups and investors.
Contact SPRING 50
The SPRING 50 call for applications is organized and managed by French Tech Paris-Saclay, the Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Essonne and Versailles-Yvelines, and the EPA Paris-Saclay.
Nadia Benallal – Tel. 06 17 97 74 42 + CCI
Christophe Pinon / Marion Revol : [email protected]
SPRING 50 Class of 2021