The call for applications has been closed since Friday March 26, 2021
Each year, the Paris-Saclay SPRING event turns the spotlight on 50 start-ups, gems of the Paris-Saclay cluster.
Do you want to promote your start-up and find new growth opportunities? Are you looking for funding and/or strategic partnerships?
Is your start-up representative of the scientific and technological excellence of the Paris-Saclay cluster; does it implement a project whose innovation contributes to meeting the challenges of tomorrow?
Join the SPRING 50 2021 edition
What is SPRING 50?
This is a selection that annually honors 50 start-ups from the Paris-Saclay cluster that are the most innovative and promising at the moment.
The organizers wish to better promote and support the quality of these start-ups vis-à-vis the media, investors, manufacturers (SMEs, large groups) and more broadly, leading players in innovation by offering them additional visibility in France and internationally.
An iconic Paris-Saclay sponsor
Each edition is sponsored by an entrepreneur who is emblematic of the area. Gary Anssens, founder of Alltricks and member of the board of the French Tech Paris-Saclay has honored us by accepting to be the sponsor of SPRING 50 2021.
The SPRING 50 winners
At the end of this call for applications, the 50 selected start-ups will enjoy:
- free access to all of the Paris-Saclay SPRING events, including business meetings (see regulations below) on May 20 and 21, 2021.
- a 4m2 exhibition stand in the Innovation Village during Paris-Saclay SPRING at the ENS*
- a stand at the virtual fair (during the physical exhibition)
- media coverage and press relations as part of the announcement of the winners
- an exclusive event with the 2021 Sponsor of SPRING 50 and the French Tech Paris-Saclay
From the SPRING 50 winners, 10 start-ups will be selected to pitch their project for 4 minutes live on May 20, 2021 and present their activity in the Paris Saclay Spring 2021 TV studio.
For this selection, two awards will be given, one by the jury made up of the event’s industry and investment partners, and the other by the audience via an online vote.
*The setup of the physical stand will depend on the health measures in force on the date of the event.m
Deadline for submitting applications: Friday, March 26, 2021
Who can apply for SPRING 50?
Application is reserved for start-ups from or linked to the Paris-Saclay ecosystem (non-cumulative criteria) :
- Located in the Paris-Saclay geographical area
- Supported by the Paris-Saclay innovation hubs
- Working closely with one or more stakeholders in the Paris-Saclay area
- Students and/or doctoral students from an institution of higher education or a research organization in the area
- In the process of relocating to the area (holding a lease or a title deed)
Special attention will be given to start-ups that have a project in the following areas, correlated with the main themes of the 2021 Spring edition:
- FoodTech (agtech, food products, nutrition, B2C, B2B services)
- GreenTech (energy, environment, smart building, urban ecology)
- Mobilites (technologies, services, products related to the mobility of goods or people)
- Health-Biotech (biotechnology, pharmacy, chemistry, e-health, medtech, well-being, silver economy)
- Digital Technologies (software, AI, quantum computing, cybersecurity, blockchain, 5G, AR-VR, etc.)
- Deadline for submitting applications: Friday, March 26
- Deliberation of the selection committee: Friday, April 16
- Coaching for the pitch: Tuesday, May 4
- Pitch: Thursday, May 20
How can you apply?
The SPRING 50 call for applications is managed through the Paris-Saclay Startup portal, which brings together the Paris-Saclay start-up community.
1) Create your account on https://paris-saclay-startup.com/ (Register/Sign in button)
If you already have an account, go directly to step 2
2) Once your account is validated, update your start-up form
– Upload the presentation of your start-up in the STARTUP ECOSYSTEM section
– Insert a link to a video presenting your start-up in the WEB LINK(S) section
3) Send us an email at [email protected] to inform us that you have submitted your application and that your form is complete
Moreover, when you list your company on Paris-Saclay Startup, you will get access to:
- the French Tech Paris-Saclay,
- the services of the Paris-Saclay innovation hubs.
You will also be:
- cited in the Paris-Saclay Innovation Playground newsletter, “Our newbies” section,
- where applicable, requested to participate in the Paris-Saclay Innovation Directors Meeting and in Learning Expeditions to large groups and investors.
If you have any questions, please read the regulations of the SPRING 50 call for applications or contact our team. You can also download our sample start-up presentation file.
Contact SPRING 50
The SPRING 50 call for applications is organized and managed by the Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Essonne and Versailles-Yvelines, the French Tech Paris-Saclay and the EPA Paris-Saclay.
Tel. +33 (0)1 60 79 90 14 or +33 (0)1 30 84 73 51
Email: [email protected]